TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please carefully read the following terms and conditions as by using this Website or purchasing any of the products or services offered by Asia Vacation Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 74 608 656 800), trading as Asia Vacation Group, you agree to have read, understood and be bound by these terms as well as the terms specific to each package and published on the relevant package page and which supersedes all prior agreements or understandings. References to Website refer to www.asiavacationgroup.com and references to Package refer to the product purchased on the Website and all of its advertised components.
All care is taken to ensure that the information published on the website with regards to the destination, package or its components is accurate. In some cases, the information provided may serve only as a guide and actual circumstances may differ whilst on tour, such as routing or accommodation.
Material published on the Website should not be viewed as advice and is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with the components of the package prior to purchase. Asia Vacation Group reserves the right the alter Website information at any time without notice.
Asia Vacation Group reserves the right to restrict access to the Website, from communicating with Asia Vacation Group or from completing a booking for any reason and at any time at its sole discretion.
Reservation and Deposit
Tour prices are subject to availability of tour, airlines, special economy class fare and specific airfare class availability. Prices may differ once airfare is sold out. All services are subject to availability.
Please forward a deposit to Asia Vacation Group Pty Ltd (AVG) or your travel agent to arrive within seven days from receiving a confirmation that the company is holding space for you. This covers your tour deposit. An additional amount and/or early deposit payment (for Economy Class flights), is payable within four weeks of initial deposit, depending on the airline and special airfare conditions or current advertised special. This will be advised at the time of quotation.
Asia Vacation Group reserves the right to release specials which are applicable to new bookings only and existing bookings are not transferrable. Once deposit and/or airfare portion is paid, airline tickets will be reserved and bookings are not transferrable to any future specials.
Passenger names must be provided (exactly as per passport, including middle names), at the time of booking, as well as a valid passport copy. Any spelling corrections made after a deposit is paid must be sent in writing and will incur additional fees, including any ticket reissue fees.
If you have decided not to take advantage of our air and land inclusive packages, you will be required to email a copy of your flight schedule and passport copy at time of final payment so we can arrange transfers and visas.
Any verbal quote given is an indication only of the final price and is subject to confirmation in writing. Asia Vacation Group reserves the right to correct any errors in rates quoted or calculated, or any commissions made at any time during your booking.
Note that our packages with the budget airlines (Vietjet Air, Air Asia, Jetstar Pacific) require a full payment per person.
Private Tours and Tailor-Made Tours require a 30% deposit.
Receipt of Deposit
By sending a deposit the client agrees to be bound by the terms, conditions and responsibilities set forth in this communication.
The client also agrees that:
- All persons are fit and physically able to partake, unaided, in their chosen group tour as per the itinerary outlined.
- All persons travelling on a Private or Tailor-Made Tour are fit and physically able to partake, unaided, in their chosen itinerary.
- All persons acknowledge the physical demands involved in the tour they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
- All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to Asia Vacation Group does not, under any circumstances, make Asia Vacation Group liable if a particular condition exacerbates while on tour or affects their ability to participate in any portion of the tour.
All deposits remain non-refundable after 7-day cooling off period.
Balance of Payment
The final balance of the travel arrangements is due at Asia Vacation Group no later than 120 days prior to the confirmed tour departure date as confirmed by acceptance of the booking. Failure to pay in full by the due date may result in additional costs, which will be passed on as a late payment fee of no less than $50 per booking, or, cancellation at the discretion of the company. Asia Vacation Group reserves the right to request a partial payment of the final balance more than 90 days prior to departure (eg: airfare portion) in the event that airline tickets need to be issued by our office or by our operators overseas due to airline ticketing time limits.
Deposits and payments by credit cards will incur a fee to third-party.
Payment must be made in full within three days after the company confirms that it is holding space. If payment is not so made, Asia Vacation Group will have the right to cancel the booking at its discretion.
The bookings may also incur additional fees for late booking including land tour, airfare or any applicable urgent visa processing fees. Asia Vacation Group does not process visa applications for bookings made less than 14 days prior to departure, but customers are entitled to apply for their own visas.
Fees and Charges
The completion of a booking may request a deposit or full payment and all prices are detailed prior to booking on the Website unless varied by promotional campaigns or special offers, the application of which will be subject to the terms specific to that campaign or offer. All prices are on a per-person twin share basis. It is the customer’s responsibility to review their order prior to payment as refunds may not be available or cancellation fees may apply should you choose to cancel. You are responsible for making all payments, including any additional charges arising from optional activities or variations and any final payment should only a deposit have been paid, regardless of whether your booking contains other travellers or you are purchasing on behalf of another party.
All airfares are arranged according to the terms specific to the product and may be booked at any time after booking at the discretion of Asia Vacation Group. Where no variations have been requested at the time of booking, the Package airfare will be booked with no further correspondence and no further charges will be requested. Where multiple airlines are listed in the Package terms, the airline chosen from that list will be entirely at the discretion of Asia Vacation Group and any change will be subject to availability as well as the payment of resulting charges. Where variations to the Package airfare are requested, Asia Vacation Group will make contact to quote the requested itinerary and invoice for any additional fees.
Once airfares have been booked, regardless of whether details have been provided to the customer, any changes will incur fees from both Asia Vacation Group and the airline. Airfares will be booked according to the information provided by the customer and Asia Vacation Group will not be held liable for any costs resulting from the provision of incorrect information.
In the event of a schedule change, delay or disruption, which remains at the sole discretion of the airline, Asia Vacation Group will not be held liable for any resulting costs, such as those incurred in joining the tour at a different location, or refund any package component not received.
It is the customer’s responsibility to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions specific to the airline, such as with regards to luggage limits or conditions of carriage, and to regularly check schedules prior to departure for any changes.
Hotels Description, Maps and Pictures
The hotels listed in the terms of the package should be viewed as a guide only and, where not available, a hotel of similar standard will be provided. Customers travelling together on the same package may be accommodated in different hotels and no compensation will be provided for being in accommodations different to other travellers. While all care is taken in selecting hotels of an appropriate standard, the day-to-day operations of the hotel remain beyond the control of Asia Vacation Group and any injury, illness or loss of enjoyment resulting from a fault on the part of the hotel will not be the responsibility of Asia Vacation Group. Requests for specific room types are subject to availability. While all reasonable efforts are made to secure non-smoking rooms, this may not be possible due to local customs.
Hotel descriptions featured in this brochure/website/itinerary are based on current hotel guides provided by suppliers and contractual agreements. Any facilities described are subject to change at any time. Maps and photographs are included for general information only and may not necessarily reflect actual routings, locations or services. Asia Vacation Group has made reasonable enquiries to verify that the descriptions and details are accurate but does not warrant that they are.
Transfers may include in your package and may be on a group or individual basis. Transfers cannot be redirected from an alternative source or to an alternative destination. Should the transfer be missed for any reason, it is the customer’s responsibility to make their way to the necessary destination. No refund will be provided where the transfer remains unused. Should a requested flight variation to arrive early or depart late be arranged, any included airport transfers may not be included and is subject to the terms specific to that package.
Change to Itinerary
The itineraries provided serve as a guide only and may be subject to change without notice and at the discretion of Asia Vacation Group. Itineraries may be altered for reasons including, but not limited to, weather conditions, social unrest, poor road conditions or generally to ensure the safe passage of customers. Itineraries may also be changed due to local circumstances or events. Changes may or may not be communicated prior to departure. Asia Vacation Group will not be liable for any costs resulting from a change in itinerary due to factors beyond its control. Further, customers are not entitled to a refund for itinerary alterations resulting from factors beyond Asia Vacation Group’s control.
Asia Vacation Group reserves the right to remove from the tour any traveller who’s behaviour is considered inappropriate and not in the interests of other travellers. No refund will be available to anyone removed from the tour for inappropriate behaviour.
Force Majeure describes any occurrence or event that is beyond Asia Vacation Group’s reasonable control and which could not have been reasonably prevented by Asia Vacation Group, which includes, but is not limited to: (a) war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the threat of any such acts; (b) natural disaster (including but not limited to flooding, fire, earthquake, landslide), adverse weather conditions, high or low water levels; (c) nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental pollution or contamination; (d) disease or (e) change in law, meaning, enactment, amendment (including repeal) in the law or administration of any law in Australia or any jurisdiction or territory relevant to the booking contract, which includes changes in statute, regulation, determination, by-law, declaration, licence and the common law as applicable from time to time.
Booking Amendments & Extra fees
The following fees will apply:
- Transferring between tours (to the same or higher value tour) must be advised outside 90 days before to departure date.
- Change of date with no extra cost is applied within 48 hours since the tour deposit is successfully submitted.
- Reissue of airline tickets – From $100 per person (other fees may apply)
- Once a booking is confirmed, name transfers may incur additional charges.
Cancellations by Customers
For cancellations made within 07 days of paying the deposit on any tour, your deposit can be refunded in full or can be transferred to a new booking should you decide to change to another package or destination. After this time, your booking becomes non-refundable.
All cancellation or change requests must be advised in writing to our Travel Consultant team prior to the cut-off period, to allow us sufficient time to respond and action your request. Should we not hear from you following this time period, your booking becomes non-refundable and you will be issued with a reminder for the second instalment due for your booking. Any “No Show” will result in 100% of the total tour cost.
Refund times will vary and the timeframe of which will be advised at the time of cancellation. Any refund of the deposit will be issued back to the original form of payment.
Cancellation by Asia Vacation Group
Asia Vacation Group reserves the right to cancel or vary a tour prior to departure due to insufficient numbers. In such an event, alternative guaranteed travel dates will be offered. Should these options not be acceptable, Asia Vacation Group will not be liable for any other expenses or loss incurred.
When refunds will be available
A refund will be available within the 7 day cooling off period unless otherwise restricted by the Fine Product of the purchased product.
Refunds may be available in certain circumstances, including when specifically provided for in this policy or in an individual product’s Fine Print or when required by law to do so.
When refunds and credits will not be available
For the avoidance of doubt and subject to the above, refunds will not be available in the following circumstances:
- when there is a voluntary change of mind
- where you have failed to read the Asia Vacation Group Terms & Conditions or the Fine Print of the purchased product
- if you fail to obtain the correct travel documents, including in relation to passports, visas or medical certificates
- where your experience of the travel package has not met your expectations
- where you are dissatisfied with reasonable amendments to your travel itinerary
- if you are deemed to ‘no-show’, such as by failing to check-in for your flight on time
- if you are unable for any reason to arrive at a tour starting point by the designated time
- where you have failed to obtain appropriate travel insurance
- where you choose to cancel your booking prior to a formal suspension notice by Asia Vacation Group
- where you choose to cancel your booking due to your concerns about the travel destination but where your package is expected to proceed
- your travel is prevented due to a Force Majeure event;
- where an arranged service cannot be delivered due to reasons beyond the control of Asia Vacation Group
- where your booking is cancelled due to abuse, harassment or any kind of inappropriate or illegal behaviour
- if you hold a credit from previously disrupted travel
- if your credit has expired or any other reason unless specifically mentioned within these terms as being eligible for a refund or credit.
Refusal of Carriage
Asia Vacation Group retains the right to remove customers from our group tours for reasons that impact on the enjoyment or safety of other tour members, such as, but not limited to, the physical, medical or mental inability of customers to undertake the arrangements of the tour, unsocial or unruly behaviour, or the carriage of prohibited substances and materials.
It is strongly recommended that all our customers travelling with Asia Vacation Group are adequately covered by insurance for the duration of their travel arrangements. Asia Vacation Group cannot in any way be made liable for any additional cost incurred by customers on any tour.
We have partnered with NibTravel Insurance to offer our customers competitive rates for their travel insurance. You can book Comprehensive or Essentials cover for your domestic, international or multi-trip journeys simply with us.
All customers are required to familiarise themselves with any health requirements specific to the countries being visited. Any pre-existing health conditions must be discussed with your doctor who can confirm your suitability to travel on your chosen tour. If you or any member of your party has any medical conditions, dietary requirement/food allergy, or disability, which may affect you while travelling, you must provide us with full details in writing prior to making your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of your arrangements.
You must also promptly advise us if there are any changes to your health that may affect your holiday after your booking has been confirmed. In the best interests of yourself, and of your tour group, Asia Vacation Group reserves the right to prevent you from further participation in a tour if a physical or psychological condition presents itself that significantly affects the enjoyment or well-being of yourself or the rest of your group.
You will be responsible for making alternative arrangements to accommodate any medical or dietary condition. Asia Vacation Group will not be liable to refund any part of the price of the tour paid by you, or on your behalf, which you have not used. The information provided does not, under any circumstances, make Asia Vacation Group liable if your condition exacerbates or affects your ability to participate in any portion of the tour. Your medical and dietary information is collected so that we may process your booking. Your medical and dietary information will be provided to our suppliers and partners overseas for the sole purpose of endeavouring to accommodate your condition where possible.
- Need for vaccinations / some countries may deny entry.
- Consult medical specialists.
- General advice Smarttraveller.
Travel Documents & Visa Processing
A passport with a minimum of six months validity is required for customers travelling to all countries we travel to. Visa fee and Visa letter are not included. If you would like to use our visa service, please email to our reservation executive to request and we will assist you to get the visa. Non-Australian passport holders may incur additional fees and Asia Vacation Group may not be able to assist with processing the visas for some nationalities.
If passports/ passport scan/passport information is not received by Asia Vacation Group 75 days prior to departure, the customer will be required to pay an urgent visa processing fee. Unless otherwise requested your passport will be returned with final documentation approximately four weeks prior to your departure date. If the customer requests the passports to be returned prior to this, an additional fee will be incurred. Responsibility for documentation accuracy, passport validity, purchase of additional required passport photos, the cost for sending passports to Asia Vacation Group and dispatch of documents, rests entirely with the customer. Asia Vacation Group accepts no responsibility for any failure in this respect. Asia Vacation Group does not issue foreign visas. We only submit passports and application forms for visas to be issued by the relevant authorities. Asia Vacation Group cannot guarantee that any visa will be issued by the relevant authority and accepts no responsibility if a visa application is refused. Any cancellation fees or other expenses incurred by the customer due to the refusal of a visa will be entirely the customer’s liability.
We recommend that you review information provided by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade prior to making your booking by calling 1300 555 135, or by visiting their website www.dfat.gov.au for the latest information. We strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with the latest Government Consular advice and information.
Shopping can be fun and entertaining, especially in local markets. Asia Vacation Group, its staff and employees are neither qualified nor permitted to ensure or guarantee the quality or value of any goods purchased, or the suitability of any retail outlets visited, and the security of using a credit card to purchase goods in any store. In all cases the purchasing of goods, and the use of a credit card for those transactions, is entirely at the customer’s own risk and at all times the customer must use their own discretion.
Asia Vacation Group (herewith called the Company) acts as a co-ordinator for all persons taking these tours in the making of all arrangements for transportation, sightseeing and hotel accommodation. The Company does not own, manage, control or operate any transportation vehicle, any hotel or restaurant or any other supplier of services. All receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier and all services are subject to the laws of the country where the services are provided. The Company acts only as an agent for the owners, contractors and suppliers of transportation and/or other related travel services provided and assume no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to baggage or property or for any injury, illness or death or for any damages or claims whatsoever caused arising directly or indirectly from accidents, loss, theft or damage to person or property, delays, transport failure, strikes, wars and uprisings or acts of God etc. over which the Company has no control. We strongly urge all customers to undertake a high level of personal responsibility in order to ensure that possessions, equipment and personal documents are closely monitored and protected at all times.
Please note that seatbelts are not compulsory by law in some destinations featured in this brochure/website and therefore the local people largely choose not to wear them. For this reason, local operators may or may not have seatbelts in vehicles or they may be hidden underneath protective seat covers. It is recommended that where seatbelts are available customers must use them and remain seated at all times while the vehicle is moving. As such, customers acknowledge that seatbelts may not be available and therefore travel at their own risk. Customers warrant that they shall not make any claim whatsoever arising from injury or damage in respect of, arising from or contributed to by the absence of seatbelts and hereby release Asia Vacation Group from all such claims.
Procedures for Lodging Complaints or Claims
Should the customer not be satisfied with any aspect of their arrangements, you may lodge a complaint or claim in writing to Asia Vacation Group (or by email to [email protected]) within 30 days of the date of the completion of your Asia Vacation Group arrangements.
At Asia Vacation Group, we are committed to ensuring that we deal with complaints effectively and efficiently. Relevant receipts and substantiating evidence must be attached to the letter of claim. Our complaints handling policy is available at www.asiavacationgroup.com/au or upon request.
It is the travel agents’ responsibility to ensure that all invoice, itinerary details and documentation issued by Asia Vacation Group are correct and that the customer is aware of amendment and cancellation conditions and other clauses in these Booking Conditions.
Law of Contract
This contract is governed by the laws of the state of Victoria and any legal action arising therefrom shall be litigated only in the appropriate court in that state having jurisdiction in that claim.
Changes in operator land costs, airfares, taxes, fuel surcharges and currency exchange rates may affect the price of particular group tours. For these reasons, it is essential that the agent/customer reconfirms all arrangements at the time of booking and prior to paying the final payment.
EVENT– Updated 03 March, 2024
Travel Show Connected
- Meet travel experts in person
- Get a chance to WIN $3,000 for your dream vacation
Register free HERE
- The feature hot destinations with live travel expert presentations. Ask anything, be inspired, and book exclusive deals at unbeatable prices:
Melbourne event: Sunday, 17 Mar 2024
- Location: Novotel Melbourne on Collin - Add: 270 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Sydney event: Sunday, 24 Mar 2024
- Location: Rydges World Square - Add: 389 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000
Limited places available
Call us 24/7 at 1800 229 339 for support
PROMOTION – Updated 03 March, 2024
Current Contests, Competitions and Promotions
From time to time, Asia Vacation Group may offer promotional codes or discounts, the use of which is subject to the terms specific to that promotion. From time to time, Asia Vacation Group may run contests or competitions and applicable terms can be found individually below:
Welcome Autumn (Current promotion)
- Get 5% OFF for main tours when using code AUDAY24 at checkout
- The promotion is UNAVAILABLE for China tours
- The promotion starts at 12:01 am (AEST) 03 March and ends at 11:59 pm 09 March, 2024 (AEST)
Free surcharge for solo travellers (Current promotion)
- Join Asia Vacation Group Travel Buddy to have FREE SURCHARGE for solo travellers. EXCEPT Japan, Maldives & Mekong cruise tours
- 50% solo surcharge is applied to Japan, Maldives, and Mekong cruise tours
- The promotion starts at 12:01 am (AEST) 03 March and ends at 11:59 pm 04 March, 2024 (AEST)
"Happy Australia Day” Promotion: (Ended)
- Get $300 OFF for minimum $5,000 spent when using code AUDAY24 at checkout
- Free of charge ground services for children 1-5 years old
- Ground services include stay, meals, transport & all entry fees as per the itinerary (NOT include international and domestic airfares)
- Discount 25% main tour price for children 6-11 years old
- Children's age range:
- 1-5 years old: Birthday after 1.1.2019
- 6-11 years old: Birthday after 1.1.2013
- This promotion is UNAVAILABLE for:
- [Travelzoo] 18 Day Trails of Vietnam and Cambodia
- [Travelzoo] 10 Day Incredible China
- 7 Day Chongquing & Zangtze River Cruise
- 13 Day Incredible China with Hong Kong
- 16 Day China Discovery
- Agent commission is NOT available for China tours on our website
- Pay at ease in 3 instalments for your booking
- Promotion starts at 12:01 am (AEST) 14 January and ends at 11:59 pm 27 January, 2024 (AEST)
- This promotion is available for new bookings only
- Code is available to use directly at https://asiavacationgroup.com/au/
General: (Ended Promotion)
- Promotion is not transferable.
- Promotion is available for new bookings only
- Promotion is not redeemable for cash or future credit.
- Asia Vacation Group reserves the right to revoke the promotion from any bookings that are considered to be ineligible by our team
- Promotion is not available for travel agents
- Promotion is not valid on cancelled bookings
- Not combinable with any other offers or competition.
- Standard Asia Vacation Group terms and conditions apply to all bookings.
- Asia Vacation Group will not be liable for arrangements or expenses incurred outside of the package provided.
- Asia Vacation Group standard terms & conditions apply to all bookings as published at the time of booking.
"Hello 2024” Promotion: (Ended)
- Get $300 OFF for minimum $5,000 spent when using code HELLO24 at checkout
- Pay at ease in 3 instalments for your booking
- Promotion starts at 12:01 am (AEST) 24 December and ends at 23:59 pm 13 January, 2024 (AEST)
- This promotion is available for new bookings only
- This promotion is unavailable for:
- 10 Day Incredible China
- Travelzoo 18 Day Trails of Vietnam and Cambodia (We just applies this exclusive price for Travelzoo members only)
- Code is available to use directly at https://asiavacationgroup.com/au/
"Boxing day” Promotion: (Ended)
- Along with Hello 2024 promotion, we bonus $100 OFF for a booking of 3 and more travellers. You're not required to enter any code to get this extra discount. This amount will be deducted in the second payment.
- This offer is appliable for a minimum $5,000 spent only.
- Promotion starts at 12:01 am (AEST) 23 December and ends at 11:59 pm 27 December, 2023 (AEST)
"Year End Sale” Promotion: (Ended)
- 10% OFF all main tours when using code YEAREND23 at checkout
- Get $100 OFF for booking from 3 travellers (Contact us to get your offer)
- Pay at ease in 3 instalments for your booking
- Promotion starts at 12:01 am (AEST) 10 December and ends at 11:59 pm 22 December, 2023 (AEST)
- This offer is available for main tours
- This offer is unavailable for optional tours and other expense
- Offers are available to use directly at https://asiavacationgroup.com/au/