- Enjoy the world-class cuisine and soak up the unique culture in ‘The Land of The Rising Sun”
- Be astounded by breathtaking views of Mt. Fuji.
- You’ll love the numerous delights of nature in Hakone.
- Explore buzzing Osaka, and then take a bullet train ride to the crown jewel of Japan, Kyoto
- Experience Tokyo’s incredible nightlife and admire one of the nation’s icons, Matsumoto Castle.
9 Day Classical Golden Route Of Japan
Tour Code: JP09
As flight times, hotels, logistical services and days of travel can be subject to availability and modifications beyond our control, if cancellations or delays should occur, we will make a conscientious effort to secure alternative arrangements of similar value to those in our booking agreement.
Tokyo – Hakone – Kyoto – Osaka – Kobe
Day 1: Australia Tokyo
Board your flight to Tokyo – the city that mixes the ultramodern and the traditional, from neon lit skyscrapers and anime shops to cherry trees and temples.
Meals: In-flight meals
Day 2: Tokyo Arrival
Welcome to Tokyo! On arrival, meet your guide and transfer to Tokyo for check-in.
Meals: In-flight meals
Day 3: Tokyo Sightseeing
Today, after breakfast, we make our way to the Meiji Shrine. Later, you’ll pay a visit to the incredible (free) lookout on top of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building (also referred to as Tochō for short) which also houses the headquarters of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Then, visit Akihabara (the famous electronics district). We’ll stroll through the Buddhist Asakusa Kannon Temple (aka Sensoji), one of Tokyo’s most colorful and popular temples, before browsing for souvenirs at both Nakamise Shopping Street and Odaiba area. Your last stops today are at Tokyo Tower and the Ginza area before you head back to your hotel. Busy day.
Day 4: Tokyo Free Day
Today is a free day to explore the world’s most populous metropolis (38 million+ people). Tokyo offers a seemingly unlimited choice of shopping, entertainment, culture and dining to its visitors.
Day 5: Tokyo Mt. Fuji Hakone Kyoto
Today, visit Oshino Hakkai village. Known as the Springs of Mount Fuji, its eight ponds are fed by melting snow which filters down from the slopes of nearby Mount Fuji, through porous layers of lava, resulting in very clear spring water that is revered by the locals.
Lunch (your cost) is served at a local restaurant.
Later, take a cruise on Lake Ashi by Pirate Ship (yes, Pirate Ship!) and take in the beautiful natural surroundings of the Hakone region. Hakone is part of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park, less than 100 kilometers from Tokyo, famous for hot springs, natural beauty and the view of nearby Mt. Fuji.
From Hakone Station, you take the bullet train to Kyoto. On arrival, your tour guide will welcome you at the station lobby and help you to check-in to the hotel.
Day 6: Kyoto Osaka
commonly known as the Golden Pavilion. A Zen temple (and a World Heritage site) with two floors covered entirely in thin layers of pure gold. The detailed architecture incorporates three distinct styles – Shinden, Samurai and Zen. You then visit Kiyomizu Temple.
After lunch (not included), we will visit Fushimi Inari Shrine before we wander back through Nara Park, home to hundreds of freely roaming deer. Considered in Shinto to be messengers of the gods, Nara’s nearly 1200 deer have become a symbol of the city. We leave after visiting the Todaiji Temple, one of Japan’s most famous temples. The massive building houses one of Japan’s largest bronze statues of Buddha (Daibutsu). On arrival in Osaka, you check-in to your hotel and enjoy your free evening.
Day 07: Osaka Sightseeing
This morning, you’ll be taken to Kobe to visit the Sake Museum, where various sake production implements are on display and traditional methods are explained using actual tools and video.
You then continue on to the waterfront, Meriken Park. This is home to some of the city’s more iconic contemporary architecture such as the red Kobe Port Tower and the Kobe Maritime Museum.
After lunch, you visit Osaka Castle and head to the Shinsaibashi Shopping District which is the city’s most famous entertainment district and offers abundant dining and shopping choices.
Day 08: Osaka Australia
Today you will be transferred to Kansai Airport as per your flight time.
Day 09: Home Arrive
You will arrive in Australia today.
- Return Economy flights from Melb & Syd. For any other city please enquire
- Accommodation and breakfast in the category chosen or similar (subject to availability)
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- All local boat rentals as mentioned in the program
- Water bottles during tours
- Air-conditioned transportation
- All entrance and sightseeing fees as mentioned in the program
- English speaking guides in Japan
- 24/7 customer service and your own Dedicated Support
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the program.
- Visa fee to Japan (If you need assistance with your Visa, please request it upon filling in Booking Form).
- Tipping for driver and tour guide (not mandatory) & personal expenses.
- Travel insurance (we strongly recommend you hold a valid travel insurance policy for all domestic and overseas travel).
- Trip delay or interruption by airline schedule change.
- Extra cost or missing tour caused by flight delay or cancel.
- Any service not clearly mentioned in the program
*Actual accommodation may vary due to availability. However, equivalent quality is guaranteed.
Dates & Prices
Please select your desired travel date below and submit.
Deposit & Payment
How to Extend Your Stay
Some customers like to enhance their holiday by extending their stay before/behind and/or post-tour. From $200 per person is applied for trip extension or early arrivals (subject to availability and applicable fare difference).
If you wish to do so, please follow these steps:
- Follow the “Book Now” prompts, until you reach the “Anything else we need to know?” field
- Here, please specify your preferred flight arrangements and if you require additional accommodation, with the number of nights needed.
- After finalising your purchase and submitting your booking form, a member of our Reservation team will be in contact with you via email to verify your request.
The additional cost for these land arrangements will be added to your final payment invoice, due 90 days prior to departure, and is strictly subject to availability.
A friendly reminder that tipping is not included in your package. Tipping is not compulsory on your trip, but they can make a big difference to locals employed in the tourism industry. If you feel that your guide and driver have done an impeccable job, you can choose to give a gratuity, but this is entirely your decision.
For the services of your guide, it is suggested that you budget for AUD$10-20 per person, per day. Tipping of your driver is also appreciated and we would suggest AUD$5 per person, per day.
As this particular tour does not collect a ‘kitty’, it is entirely up to the individual whether or not you would like to tip locals for the services of things like taxis or when dining at restaurants. In these cases, we suggest you allow 10-20% of the value of the service as a tip. Again, it is not compulsory and entirely up to the individual.
The accommodation listed is subject to change. Any changes will be of an equal or higher standard. Bedding configurations (double or twin) are requests only. All efforts will be made to meet your preferences however any changes are beyond our control.
Single supplement is $646per person in addition to the twin share price.
Paired Solo Traveller
Upon your request except for cruises
Travel insurance is required to protect yourself against the unexpected.
We have partnered with CHI Travel Insurance to offer you competitive rates for your travel insurance. You can book comprehensive or budget cover simply to arrange your policy.
Visa & Passport information
It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the intended date of return and must have more than 2 blank pages.
If you’re visiting for less than 90 days as a tourist, for a business trip or conference, or to visit friends and family, you don’t need a visa to Japan. To qualify, you need to show evidence of sufficient funds and an onward/return ticket or confirmed accommodation arrangements.
Please note that these details are subject to change without notice. We recommend visiting https://smartraveller.gov.au for up to date information in terms of entry requirements.
Final documentation, including e-tickets and hotel details, will be provided approximately 30 days prior to travel.
15 – 40 people
Children must be 2 years old or over and share a room with parents at all times. Children are the same price as adults.
The total length of the tour in days includes time spent in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule, please refer to the day by day itinerary for the time spent on land.
FLIGHTS, UPGRADES & EXTENSIONS
- Airline: Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines or similar (20kg for checked baggage per passenger and 7kg hand luggage per passenger, 01-piece check-in baggage each person only
- Some flights will require a minimum of 1 transit (maximum 2).
- All tickets will include 20 kilos checked baggage per person, along with 7 kilos of hand luggage.
- Despite the airlines baggage allowance, we recommend travelling with 20 kilos per person due to restrictions with internal flights (where applicable), as well as coach and train transportation. Also, you will be responsible for handling your luggage at all times as the services of porters is not included. If travelling over this amount, you will be liable for any excess baggage fees enforced by the airline, payable direct.
- Once ticketed, flights are non-refundable. Any changes will be subject to the airline rules and change fees.
- Full names as per passport (including all middle names) are required.
- Any airline schedule changes or cancellations are beyond our control.
- Any airline ‘extras’ such as pre-allocated seating is at your own arrangement (additional charges apply)
Business Class upgrades
- Business Class upgrade available from an additional $3,000 per person (subject to availability).
Please specify this as a “Anything else we need to know?” when completing your booking and you will be quoted for the additional fare. In the event your selection is unavailable, or that you are dissatisfied with the quote, you will be provided with a full refund.