- Explore China to the full, from ancient historical sites to modern, bustling, city sights
- Be amazed by China’s iconic attraction – The Great Wall
- Explore the cosmopolitan city of Shanghai, known the world over as a food and shopping paradise
- Discover the charm of beautiful Suzhou
- Visit the stunning West Lake in the beautiful city of Hangzhou
- View the awe inspiring ranks of the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’An
- Bullet train trips
13 Day China Discovery Tour
Tour Code: CHXP13
Please be aware that flight times, hotels, logistical services and days of travel are all subject to availability and modifications outside of our control. When there are cancellations or delays, we will make a conscientious effort to secure alternative arrangements of similar value to those in our booking agreement with the customer.
Beijing –Wuxi – SuZhou – HangZhou – ShangHai – Xi’an
Fly to Beijing via connecting cities and transfer to the hotel.
Meals: In-flight meals
* PLEASE NOTE – Some flights may depart the night before.
After breakfast, visit Tiananmen Square, the second-largest public square in the world! Tiananmen Square is named after the Tiananmen (“Gate of Heavenly Peace”) located to the north of the square, separating it from the Forbidden City. The square contains the Monument to the People’s Heroes, the National Museum of China and the Mausoleum of Chairman Mao Zedong, and holds great cultural significance.
Today’s highlight is an excursion to the majestic Great Wall at Juyong Pass. This is one of the three most famous passes along the Great Wall of China, together with Jiayuguan and Shanhaiguan. 60 km from downtown Beijing, Juyong Pass was the northern route to Beijing in ancient times. Once here, there is plenty of time to learn about the wall’s construction and you’ll have the chance to climb a portion of this 6,000 km marvel. On the way back to Beijing, we stop at one of the largest jade exhibitions in Asia. Then, after lunch, see skilled artisans at work at a Cloisonné Factory. Cloisonné is a famous traditional enamel ware, known as the ‘Blue of Jingtai’ in China, with a history going back 500 years.
Enjoy a tour to the Summer Palace, the largest preserved ancient garden in China and a former summer resort for Emperors. This will be followed by a visit to the Chinese Herbal Institute to learn about traditional Chinese medicine and experience the ancient practice of a rejuvenating foot massage.
Take a high speed train to Wuxi, an ancient city richly endowed with natural attractions. Wuxi boasts the reputation of being the ‘Land of Fish and Rice’. Enjoy the scenery as we pass by Lake Tai, the third-largest freshwater lake in China. This evening, we’ll stroll along the trendy yet traditional Nanchang Street, where both ancient and modern architecture are juxtaposed and where the peacefulness of the waterside town exists comfortably next to the fashionable life of Wuxi.
This morning, visit one of the largest freshwater pearl exhibitions in the country.
After lunch, travel by coach to Suzhou, an extraordinarily elegant city with its canals, stone bridges, and meticulously designed gardens. Suzhou has been referred to as ‘Paradise on Earth’ by Chinese poets and writers since ancient times. It is also known as the ‘Garden City’ due to its many classic gardens, renowned for their charming natural beauty. We’ll visit The Lingering Garden, which is among the finest in China.
This morning visit a silk spinning mill to learn how silk is created from mulberry-munching silkworms to produce the finest thread and cloth.
After lunch, travel by coach to Hangzhou, described by Marco Polo as “the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world”. Upon arrival, take a boat ride on the serene West Lake, noted for its scenic beauty which blends naturally with many famous historical and cultural sites.
Today, you’ll experience tea-tasting at the Dragon Well Tea Plantation. Then travel by coach to Shanghai, a vibrant metropolis and the commercial centre of China. On arrival, walk along the famous Bund, a mile-long promenade along the Huangpu River. Lined with colonial architecture of European design, it is the best place to capture the Western influences of the old days.
Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure strolling along the bustling shopping district, Nanjing Road.
This morning, visit the Shanghai Museum to see ancient Chinese art, furniture and jade. The rest of the afternoon is at your leisure, or you may join one of our optional programs.
Today you will travel to Xi’an. It is an ancient city in China and records the great changes of the country just like a living history book. In the evening, you can treat yourself by joining our suggested optional activities.
Today, after breakfast, you visit the famous Terracotta Warriors. View the ranks of the Terracotta Warriors in the company of our experienced local guide. Later, in the bookshop, you may have the opportunity of meeting one of the farmers who stumbled upon them in 1974.
We’ll also pay a visit to the famous Moslem Street, where many delicious local snacks and souvenirs are available for purchase.
Conclude your memorable tour with a transfer to the airport for your onward flight via connecting cities.
Meals: In-flight meals
Arrive at your home today.
- International return airfares and taxes (economy class)
- 11-night twin share hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast and meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Transfer by vehicle with A/C and bullet train as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Intra-China transportation
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Local English speaking guide
- Visa for China
- Travel insurance
- All tipping
- Applicable surcharges, e.g. optional activities, single supplement etc.
- Anything not listed in the itinerary, e.g. laundry, personal items, alcoholic drinks etc.
*Actual accommodation may vary due to availability. However, equivalent quality is guaranteed.
Dates & Prices
indicates Lowest Price
Travel insurance is required to protect yourself against the unexpected.
We have partnered with CHI Travel Insurance to offer you competitive rates for your travel insurance. You can book comprehensive or budget cover simply to arrange your policy.
- Airline: Cathay Airlines, China Airlines or similar (20kg for checked baggage per passenger and 7kg hand luggage per passenger, 01-piece check-in baggage each person only
- Some flights will require a minimum of 1 transit (maximum 2).
- All tickets will include 20 kilos checked baggage per person, along with 7 kilos of hand luggage.
- Despite the airlines baggage allowance, we recommend travelling with 20 kilos per person due to restrictions with internal flights (where applicable), as well as coach and train transportation. Also, you will be responsible for handling your luggage at all times as the services of porters is not included. If travelling over this amount, you will be liable for any excess baggage fees enforced by the airline, payable direct.
- Once ticketed, flights are non-refundable. Any changes will be subject to the airline rules and change fees.
- Full names as per passport (including all middle names) are required.
- Any airline schedule changes or cancellations are beyond our control.
- Any airline ‘extras’ such as pre-allocated seating is at your own arrangement (additional charges apply)
Premium Economy or Business Class upgrades
- Business Class upgrade available from an additional $3,000 per person (subject to availability).
Please specify this as a “Special Request” when completing your booking and you will be quoted for the additional fare. In the event your selection is unavailable, or that you are dissatisfied with the quote, you will be provided with a full refund.