Due to COVID there maybe disruptions to standard operating schedules of particular components of this itinerary. Should a component be effected a substitute will be confirmed prior to departure.
A reasonable level of fitness is required but it’s more about spending time on your feet rather than covering large distances. You’ll be getting on and off coaches and boats, walking around the sights and climbing some steps.
A friendly reminder that tipping is not included in your package. Please be advised that tipping for tour guides, drivers and bellmen are required and will be collected by your travel consultant 7 days before you depart. A gratuity of 10AUD per person/day can make a big difference to locals employed in the tourism industry as they have done an impeccable job to serve you through your holiday.
The accommodation listed is subject to change. Any changes will be of an equal or higher standard. Bedding configurations (double or twin) are requests only. All efforts will be made to meet your preferences however any changes are beyond our control.
Single supplement is $1,420 per person in addition to the twin share price.
Paired Solo Traveler
Group size: 10-40 pax
Upon your request except for cruises
Travel insurance is recommended to protect yourself against the unexpected. In addition to the support that a policy may provide, you may be asked to present a copy of your travel insurance documentation while traveling.
We have partnered with NibTravel Insurance to offer our customers competitive rates for their travel insurance. You can book Comprehensive or Essentials cover for your domestic, international or multi-trip journeys simply with us.
Visa & Passport information
It is the traveler’s responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the intended date of return and must have more than 2 blank pages.
A tourist visa for China is a strict requirement if travelling on an Australian Passport. Please note as of today you are required to attend a Chinese Visa Application Service Centre in person to apply for a visa. China Visa Application Service Centres can be found in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane.
Please visit https://www.visaforchina.cn/ for more information.
You will be able to start your visa application process once you receive your final travel documentation approximately 6 weeks prior to departure.
- Please start arranging your visa three weeks before departure to account for any delays due to consulate operating hours.
- Visa rules may have changed since Covid-19. Some countries and airlines may require you to obtain an additional visa before arrival. Please check with the nearest embassy, consulate or immigration department of the destination you’re entering.
- Passengers who are not Australian citizens must also check with the respective consulate or visa agency to determine what their visa requirements are and what personal identification is required.
- It is also important to note that some areas of employment, such as journalism, government authorities and charity organizations, may have additional restrictions in applying for Visas. This may, in turn, affect the type of application required.
Please note that these details are subject to change without notice. We recommend visiting https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ for up-to-date information in terms of entry requirements.
Final documentation, including e-tickets and hotel details, will be provided approximately 30 days prior to travel.
Children must be 2 years old or over and share a room with parents at all times. Children are the same price as adults.
- Golden Mask Dynasty Show (Day 2) – AU$85
- Peking Duck Banquet Dinner RMB 250
- Old town Hutong tour with Family Visit & Peking Duck Dinner (Day 3) – AU$79
- Grand Canal Cruise (Day 5) – AU$55
- Evening Songcheng Eternal Love (Day 6) – AU$105
- Evening Huangpu River Cruise (Day 7) – AU$75
- Half Day city tour in Shanghai (Day 8) – AU$65
- Evening Acrobatic Show (Day 8) – AU$105
- Chinese Acrobatic AU$105
- Tang Dynasty Cultural Show & Dumpling Feast AU$80
- Tribe of The Three Gorges AU$80
- White Emperor City AU$80
- Fengdu Ghost City AU$80
The total length of the tour in days includes time spent in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule, please refer to the day-by-day itinerary for the time spent on land.